The Greater Manchester Archives and Local Studies Partnership (GMALSP) partnership provides an over-arching strategy and development plan for the area, bringing
benefits in terms of collective collaboration on service improvement and future sustainability.
Since our inception the Partnership has successfully:
- Increased digital access to our collections and catalogues through the creation of an online portal (GMLives)
- Started a large scale family history digitisation project, with support from a commercial partners
- Delivered staff training in social media, working with young people and leadership skills.
- Involved volunteers with the creation of the GM1914 online blog which publishes weekly stories from our collections about the First World War.
- Worked together to raise standards across Greater Manchester with the development a number of joint policies and standards across our services.
The partners included in the GMALSP are:
- Bolton Archives and Local Studies
- Bury Archives and Local & Family History Service
- Manchester Libraries, Information and Archives
- Oldham Local Studies and Archives
- Stockport Local Heritage Library
- Tameside Local Studies and Archives
- Trafford Local Studies
- Rochdale Local Studies and Archives
- Salford City Archives and Local History Library
- Wigan Archives and Local Studies